Thursday, June 14

Incomplete...


Smiles refuse to reach my eyes
Laughing soul shrivels 'n dies
You, a mirage standing in a crowd
Our lives simply covered in a shroud

Days are empty 'n nights are long
Streets are silent as I strut along
Following shadows in the blind
Awaiting your footsteps to be entwined

Walking in seemingly endless circles
Stumbling 'n falling o'er endless hurdles
Waking in the night calling your name
Only to find in morning all's still the same

Stopping at every corner 'n waitin'
Anguished breaths 'n heart pulsatin'
Seeking 'n yearning 's the only quest
Love me 'n cherish me, the only request

A restless slumber 'n day dreaming
Come to me love, my heart's screaming
Stark realisation in the darkness 'n heat
Without you, I'm freakishly incomplete


No comments:

Post a Comment