Monday, June 11

Time Mends...



Hoping "Time Mends"


Your going away O' my love, turned my world cold and gray,
You forgot all and went away, but my heart still wanted you to stay,
What hurt the most, was the hatred, and watching you walk away,
Knowing something had ruined my world, turning it cold and gray...


What hurt the most, was loving you so much, but I guess it was just not enough,
What hurt the most, was having you so close, but I guess that closeness was not just enough...
I'm no longer whole and I think neither are you, locking each other out in pain, as the hurt is fresh and new,
You were my friend, lover, soul mate, deep inside I know you won't be back but I'll still wait...


We fought, we struggled, we kicked and screamed,
But for me all was worth it, for all that together we dreamed,
What hurts the most, is knowing I may never ever have you, 
But more than that what hurts more is that I lost what I had with you...


We just need a clue to know what the future holds,
Will the pain and craving of being apart show us how it unfolds,
The cold air will make us numb, make us forget, how to get back in,
Screams or silence would not matter, what will remain, is just pain...

It's true I'm not and never will be perfect, but I remember you'd said, "Every one has their own defects",
I know I hurt you, I know I made you feel betrayed, but I've always been true to you, and my love I would never trade...
It's said, "Time will always mend a broken heart", it may, but I'll still not know where to start,
Our memories I will forever cherish, in your love my heart will one day perish...


Go on O' My love, live your life the way you wish it to be,
I'm finally letting go of you, and so now you're free,
I may move on or wait for u, but will always miss and remember,
The sweet friend and soul mate, I had and hope I'll have forever...


Go on O' My love, live your life the way you wish it to be...


1 comment: