Thursday, June 7

Truth's Dilemma...


"Truth's Dilemma" is inspired by personal life experiences but triggered by a friend's blog post...

We live in a world of lies, but there's a truth in every word I say
Punishing me for sharing what's in my heart, is the world's own way
Living in a dilemma, with whom do I share my heart's lonely tale
Friends I share with, are all laughing behind a compassionate veil

How do I share what I mean, when I am living in a world of lies
Being ridiculed and misjudged, leaving my words trailing with a sigh
Living in a dilemma, with whom do I share my heart's wanton desires
When O' my soul mate, even you chose to laugh, dousing the burning fires

Wish to celebrate my love, not be crucified, or die a jilted lover's death
Yearning for someone to share, some who cares with everlasting breath
Living in a dilemma, with whom do I share my heart's deepest sorrows
When you alone are the one, with whom I dreamt of sharing my lonely tomorrows

Not willing to live by suffocating the truth, and being labeled a conniving liar
Mortal am I with every breath I take, not wishing to be an angel of desire
Still living in a dilemma, with whom do I share my heart's passion
When even you, O' my love, have left me without showing any compassion

Even if we live in a world of lies, and there's truth in every word I say
Happily would I give away my life, if you listen at all to what I wish to convey
Somehow surviving in this dilemma, looking for someone who understands
When even you, O' my sweetheart, are not walking with me, holding my hands


As we live in a world of lies, what I have to say is a bitter truth to convey
Difficult as it may seem, a moment will heal my heart with love's single ray
Agree it's a dilemma, to share all the truth that my heart wishes to share
O' my darling, just look my way, show that it's for me alone that you care


How do I share, what I mean to, when I'm living in the world of lies
Wishing and praying, to tell you the truth before my gasping soul dies
Living in a dilemma, of when and how, to share all that my heart contains
Craving, O' so desperately, to snatch a single moment from time's restraints

....Just a single moment from time's restraints... SIGH!!



No comments:

Post a Comment